Monday, March 19, 2012

Home visit

We had our home visit with the school psychologist and she school speech pathologist. At first I was upset because they were 45 minutes late to the meeting. They watched Gracie for about an hour, Gracie did show her rituals she checked to make sure the potty seat was on the potty about 5 times in the hour, she paced around the room quite a bit, and didn't play with any of her toys.

Because Gracie did engage with me a little bit the psychologist isn't convinced she's Autistic and mentioned Sensory Processing Disorder. I know she has SPD but I don't think that explains everything and I'm pushing for an Autism Diagnosis hopefully the next few months fly by and we are able to see the Developmental Perdition for the medical evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment