Sunday, August 26, 2012

Gracie's Birthday

Gracie is 4 years old today. I'm having a hard time believing that the tiny preemie I brought home 4 yrs ago is so tall, with such long pretty blonde hair. I don't feel like I can possibly have a preschooler but here we are 4 yrs later.

Today has had so many mixed emotions, this isn't how I planned. Part of me mourns that I'm not going to throw her a Princess Party with her friends, where we wear sparkling crowns, sip tea, and make up our pretty princess names.

The truth is that Gracie has no idea it's her birthday and has no concept of her age. She has no idea that tonight we were celebrating her. She just knew she likes pizza, and cake. She did love our guests her older brothers, their mother (her "Aunt" Tamra) and her brother's girlfriend. Gracie spent the evening in her diaper and pj shirt, and we gave her playdough as a gift as it fills her sensory needs.

But we did have a good evening Gracie loved the dinner and her favorite people were with her. In the end it's me who mourns over what Gracie might have been, she's happy just to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment