Saturday, July 7, 2012

Gracie's Update

Looking over this blog I realized I haven't updated in months so I'll give a brief update here. As I was waiting for the school district's evaluation of Gracie I sought out other professionals to give evaluations of her. In the meantime she has continued to regress to the point that in most areas her 20 month old sister is more advanced.

I had Gracie evaluated at LSU Psychological Services Center where after administering 6 different tests and two different observations she is severely Autistic. I then tried to get her speech services at Baton Rouge Speech and Hearing Foundation where she was too non verbal to administer some of the tests but best they can tell she has extensive receptive and expressive speech delays and her speech is anywhere from 3 to 9 month level. Gracie saw a developmental prediction who also rates Gracie as severely Autistic.

I finally got the educational evaluation back and they also see severe Autism with a functional level of about 12 to 18 months. We have an IEP meeting next month were we will come up with an educational plan.

It frustrates me that we have 4 different agencies to say that she is severely Autistic and is low functioning but we have been unable to obtain any services so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment